Hands-on DevOps Engineer working across all aspects of our online properties and platforms. This position will work closely with the Development and QA teams to deploy new application releases and scale the online platforms while developing processes, tools and operational metrics to improve platform performance, scalability, functionality, security, and monitoring.
- Maintain and improve site reliability and availability.
- Deploy and maintain product releases and customer configurations.
- Design, maintain and scale AWS-based infrastructure.
- Develop scripts, metrics, and applications to automate and improve operational processes and availability, scaling, and security of the production environment.
- Build and maintain development, management and monitoring systems.
- Participate in weekly 24x7 on-call rotation for applications and infrastructure.
Successful candidates will have a broad technical background and experience running production environments, excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and a strong commitment to delivering quality solutions.
- 5+ years operational experience managing, designing and implementing infrastructure and tools
- Expert level Linux/UNIX system administration skills
- Strong scripting expertise (e.g. bash, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with tools for system and environment monitoring and configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Chef)
- Familiarity with system and application performance tuning
- Familiarity with content delivery networks (CDNs) and web service architectures
- Strong knowledge of IP networking fundamentals: DNS, load balancing, etc.
- Good knowledge of security fundamentals, including encryption, certificates, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate across teams and skill levels
- Experience developing, tracking and leveraging performance metrics for continual improvement
- Attention to detail is essential
- Operational experience with MongoDB
- Experience using tools such as Pingdom, New Relic and Splunk
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar major or equivalent experience